Saturday, May 31, 2014

Ghar...Ek Mandir..!!

"Ghar Ek Mandir"...jab bhi is title k baare mein sochta hu, the only thought that comes to my mind is kitna filmy title hai na..just like "Indra..the tiger" ya phir "Surya..the one man army" but looking at other side of the coin humari life such mein badi filmy hi hai. I remember my neighbor actually got a dog named Tuffy the same day they watched Hum Apke Hai Kaun but we Punjabis have grown up watching DDLJ and I remember every time I visit a station I look around to see if some Babuji is saying "Jaa Simran Jaa..." waala dialogue and then I purposely stand on gate to see if I had to help any running Simran. Another one I cannot forget is our Amar-Prem from Andaz Apna Apna : "Do dost ek cup se chai peeyenge...Aise mein dosti badti hai". 

I mean daily we bring these filmy characters from theaters to our life in a unique way..kabhi humari sabse acchi dost Alia Bhat jaise dikhti hai toh kabhi we imagine ourselves in every scene of "3 Idiots" and say "Arey hum bhi toh yahi sab karte the college mein...be it studying late night or crashing a wedding night". I still remember the first dialogue I said to my crush: 
"Pyaar....pyaar dosti hai" but then same movie made my heart speak after my break up: "Hum ek baar jeete hai..aur Pyaar bhi ek hi baar hota hai.". Lekin ab...:-) :-). 
If we press the rewind button on our filmy life we live almost every character but I wish humari Mom bhi K3G waali super magician hoti jise mere ghar aane se pehle tez hawa se hi pata chal jaaye ki I am standing on the gate. But meri aur mom ki filmy kahani abhi tak old Venus and Tips cassettes ki tarah uljhi hue hai. Everyday my morning would begin with her anger on me: Kabhi breakfast ka gussa toh kabhi late uthne par gussa. Kabhi kisi k late night phone call ka toh kabhi woh khud bhi bhool jaati hai kis baat ka gussa. I would never come to know why everyday I fight with her. But one day my dormant volcano of thoughts took the form of words and I yelled at her : 
"Maa please yaar....... Kabhi toh aap mujhe samjho..Kya aap jaante bhi ho mujhe kya accha lagta hai.?
Unlike the movies we haven't got the rewind button in life to actually check that did we deliver the right dialogue. But that one dialogue was enough for her to show me her big silent eyes. And pushing the pause button to this endless fight I decided to visit a temple. "Jab problem aati hai toh sirf Bhagwaan hi dikhte hai....and aisa sirf filmo mein hi nahi hota." Sitting outside on the temple stairs I kept on rewinding my thoughts but every time I play that morning movie I found myself correct and even my half empty brain which has more cheese than the veins supported me so I thought I was right on my half and kept myself busy in observing people. There I saw a small kid with his mom sitting next to me. As he was too young so I could barely understood what he was trying to say but only thing I heard was his sweet innocent murmur. But at the same time his mom understood everything. She made different faces at every filmy angle to make him smile and I was totally enjoying this soundless conversation but wasn't it the irony of life...
"Jab ek baccha theek se bol bhi nahi paata Maa uski har baat samajh jaati hai but the moment we grow up and gain all our senses we feel that Maa humari koi baat samajh hi nai paati....."
Why I always do wrong to my mom? Have I ever given her any happiness for all the things she did to me? My stupid mind still remember writing those 365 letters for a girl to impress her but never wrote a single letter to my mom. I could send bunch of roses and Paani Puri to a girl to make her feel special but I never gave my mom even a simple flower. Did I ever do anything special to her? I looked up in sky and saw a big "NO" shaped cloud all over me. But my mom....what not she did to see my one smile.She made me stand, she brought my smile from tears and even today she would do anything....
"Maa such mein bahut pyari hoti hai aur unhe hum jaise nalayak bacche mil jaate hai..Abhi agar hum aise hai toh bachpan mein kaise the aur kaise sambhalti hongi hum jaise baccho ko woh... "
There were so many things I wanted to tell her. I wanted to hug her badly. While going back home I took her favorite flowers and kept silently near her bed.I thought she was still angry but "Maa kabhi gussa ho sakti hai kya....". She was silently seeing my movements and finally she asked :
"Mandir mein aisa kya jaadu dekh liye mere Filmy Bacche ne...Aur ye flowers kaunsi ladki k liye laye ho..."
I wanted to tell her everything what I feel now but I could not. I just smiled and sat next to her and kept my head in her lap. That was the same feeling of sitting in a temple and without saying anything I slowly held her bangle like a kid with my finger....she understood my silent emotion. She kept her hand on my hand and that was one memory I would cherish forever.
x

1 comment:

  1. Very nice....good to read.a mother is one person whom we take for granted .good to know you understand all d efforts n pains she had taken to she child rise n shine on life.all the best.keep on writing

    ReplyDelete