Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Lost Valentine




13th February 2010,


“Hi, no matter you come or not I will wait for you....” :-) - XXXXXXXX86


One message changed my life. I got this sms when I was in my engineering days and that was the time I first stepped into the heaven of city – Pune. This city has always been the city of dreams for me; if it made me cry in heavy rains then it also taught me how to smile with pain. I never thought I would ever come back to this city which took away everything from me : my smile, my friendship line and above all the one unmentioned thing - One Lost Valentine. But things happen when you least expect them and that one old saying always kept me haunted,"what goes around comes around". Right after four years I came back to this city and this time I needed no more adventures, no more new smiles but came back for that one lost Valentine.


It all started with the Book of Surprises. I won't be surprised if it would take me 100 more years to understand that why for any girl surprises become the world's best thing as if there was no better gift than a simple surprise. Interestingly I learned this thing from her who taught me 7 odd Rules of a Girl's Life and in her book, Rule No 007 was highlighted twice which says :

“No gifts, but only surprises...!”


Hellloo....I am not an Einstein who can deduce the theory of surprise relativity from these words nor am I a Shakespeare who would "thy" understand your Caesar words my Julliet. I am just a simple person who try to understand your simple words but I guess this 6 letter "SIMPLE" word does'nt exist in the most complicated dictionary of a Girl's life. I mean why can’t a girl simply say whether she want a surprise or a surprise gift but Noooooo!! They want us to scratch our heads till the time someone sitting next shoots a bullet: "Bro any problem...should I help you out".

But we just smile to that person to send a fake signal that everything is so fine that I can't even tell you!! But the secret mystery still remains unsolved and the frustration level goes up to the next ladder where I found my 3 other friends standing to open up the 100 gates of solution to any problem. F.R.I.E.N.D.S have the solution to any Girl's problem this world has seen and I am fortunate enough to have 3 Master Keys with me. Finally I planned a simply "simple" surprise for her but that thought and that feeling of giving surprise made me a teen again. I wanted to run, fly , create magic and all those things beyond my reach. And everytime I read that one message I felt a different magic with those words.

“Hi, no matter you come or not I will wait for you...” :-) - XXXXXXXX86


Without giving any second thought to my mind and heart I boarded the bus to the city where I found my Valentine. The bus showed me the first sign of Serendipity when the Bus no read MH.12– XX86. The last 2 digits were not new for me and I was in habit to these fortunate incidents right from the first day I met her but the only thing that changed in these years was my simple curve of smile getting more broaden with those 2 digit nummber. All my journey I had read that one message almost 100 times and I wanted to send her one message

“Hi, No matter you wait or not, I will come for you....”:-) 


But this time to my surprise I couldn’t do that. Early morning I went to surprise her,seeing her smiling face after a long time made my morning. She was an elegant beauty who was walking towards me like a princess covered in black shawl. All I remember now was her glowing face, her hair were falling on her face making it half covered and her half open beautiful sparkling eyes. My eyes and my smile were loved watching her.I wanted to tell her that no Olay nor any Ponds could make her more charming than the morning sun light but before I could extend my hand and give her a warm Valentine hug, I bumped my head into the front seat of bus.

I realized that I saw my Valentine only in my dreams and I was still in bus. I checked my cellphone to see the time, I dont remember the exact time but I what I remember was that one new message:

“................................................................” - XXXXXXXX86


It was the same journey from the same city but after 4 years only thing that wasn't same was her one blank message. I got down to my stop and saw the bus going away from me. I saw that bus no again MH.12– XX86. I saw my serendipity going away saying the last few words: 


“If this city gave you everything, it will also take everything .....- A Lost Valentine”

No comments:

Post a Comment